Your progress as a small business owner and online publisher depends heavily on first impressions: those made by your website and those made by you as you network and publish guest posts. With that in mind, check out some of May’s best articles on how to strengthen the look of your site and the clarity of your voice.
1. What a Great Homepage Does to Hook Customers – Inc.com gives you 3 must-haves for a successful homepage.
2. Vanity vs. Actionable Metrics – We can all get carried away with the spike in graph, but are we paying attention to the right numbers?
3. The Best Fonts for Web Design – The trusted brains over at Alt Summit round up 12 fonts to span across all industries.
4. How to Meet New People Who Want to Help Your Business and Career – If it really is about who you know, make sure you’re starting off on the right foot, said in a way that only Derek Halpern could put it.
5. How to Nail the Opening of Your Blog Post – 5 methods to use on your next post and 10 examples of content creators that are doing it right.